********** [ THIS FUNDRAISER IS NOW CLOSED ] **********
Thank you to everyone who participated, your generosity is appreciated
Thank you to the 44 wonderful people who have donated so far! After this post you all responded positively to help me to raise over £500 (against a target of £1000) for Cancer Research UK, a deserving charity that funds scientists, doctors and nurses to help beat cancer sooner.
As we made it to the half way mark, I am releasing 2 of the 4 plugins for free, for everyone.
- loophole – midi loop player – download here (84 MB)
- Impakter – vintage drum module – download here (15 MB)
These are both 32 bit Windows VST, previously only available to buy. More info on these plugins is below
If more generous people donate enough to reach £1000, then I will release the other two
- Slix – randomising loop slicer
- Erratic 2 – drum sample player
The great thing about using JustGiving is that your donation goes directly to Cancer Research UK, so you can be certain that all funds will put to good use. I don’t see, handle or earn any money from this.
Please, please, please, please, please, consider any small donation you can make, it will go directly to Cancer Research UK who fund scientists, doctors and nurses to help beat cancer sooner. They receive no government funding and rely on donations.
If you have ever used and liked any of my free plugins in the past, please consider my request for this small gesture to a cause I believe in and brings hope to humanity of beating this disease one day.
Many thousands of people have downloaded and used my freeware, I simply ask that a small percentage of the good-hearted and community-spirited amongst you support my cause in return. Thank you.
Please note: The main website and plugins are suspended temporarily during this fund raising campaign. Once I reach the £1000 target, they will all return along with the 4 new plugins.
Some info on the plugins…
slix is a randomising loop slicer, which switches between up to 4 loops and can shuffle, repeat, reverse and gate the slices of each loop according to user defined probability. Load any 4 loops, sync them to tempo, slice them up and then set probabilities that each loop will play and for each randomising effect per loop. Even the randomness is randomised, with a parameter that varies the probability in a user defined range. slix was co-developed with sink, who also provided the included 295 original loops
· Load any 16, 24 or 32 bit, mono or stereo wav file into the 4 loop slots
· 445 MB of original drum loop content (295 loops) by sink covering many electronic genres (breakbeat, dubstep, drum & bass, electro, 8 bit, lofi, vintage, IDM, FSU and glitch)
· Tempo-sync each loop by setting length in beats, allowing stretching or different lengths if desired
· Choose any number of slices per loop
· Slix plays when triggered by any midi note, with volume envelope per loop for fades
· 4 effects with independent parameters per loop
. Reorder – plays slices out of sequence for variation per loop
. Repeat – stutter effect by repeating slices
. Reverse – play the slice backwards
. Gate – add silent gaps into the loop
· Variation range to randomise probabilities
· Normalise and mono options per loop
· Stereo-out and Multi-out versions (slix and slix 4×4)
· Single loop version (slix one) for simpler applications or lower CPU
· 57 presets covering a range of sounds and styles
erratic 2 is a drum sample player with many randomising and velocity sensitive options to make any drum pattern sound different on each loop. It can be used to add realism or surrealism depending on how you want to set it up. At the core you have a 15 slot drum sampler with 6 velocity layers per slot, each layer can be played according to velocity, cycled (round-robin) or randomly triggered. To vary things up a bit you can determine the hit probability and hit repeat probability for each slot and add a random factor for the velocity, pan and swing for each hit.
In addition to the velocity layers, this update adds velocity-sensitive decay envelopes for volume & filter cut-off, as well as velocity sensitivity to pitch and filter cut-off. Another new feature is the hit repeat probability, with delay time, repeat velocity and velocity sensitive feedback. The step-sequencer is replaced by a more flexible midi / piano-roll triggering, which allows better management of note precision, long patterns and different time signatures. Improvements have been made to give 4 choke groups across all samples, better mute/solo options, sample reverse, sample normalisation, MIDI out, support for 32 bit wavs and more samples than ever before.
– Plays any 16, 24 or 32 bit stereo / mono WAV files from RAM for low CPU
– 15 sample slots, each triggered by user-definable midi note
– 6 velocity layers per sample slot, can be selected by velocity, round-robin or random
– 4 choke groups, each slot can be assigned to a group and be cut by a group
– Per sample slot parameter modulation includes;
– Hit probability
– Swing randomising
– Hit repeat probability, with adjustable delay time, repeat velocity and velocity sensitive feedback
– Velocity randomisation
– Pan randomisation
– Velocity sensitive pitch
– Velocity sensitive volume decay envelope with adjustable contours
– Low pass filter with velocity sensitive cut-off
– Velocity sensitive cut-off decay envelope with adjustable contours
– Midi out
– Mute and solo for each sample slot
– Sample reverse
– Sample slot normalisation
– Selectable mono/stereo and quality level for low RAM systems
– Multi-out version has 15 stereo outputs for routing to individual mixer channels in your host
– Single-out version available where host does not support multi-out plug-ins
– 1480 samples (306 MB) covering velocity sampled acoustic kits, vintage electronic, glitch, jazz, world and esoteric noises
– over 40 presets covering various kits and technique examples
loophole is a midi-triggered loop sampler, which allows you play sections of up to 4 different loops using midi notes to control which section of which loop plays. This can be a great way to mash up 4 different loop styles or add quick variations on 4 similar loops. As well as having full control of which sections to play, you can also trigger random sections too.
You can load any 4 loops and sync them to host tempo, then using midi notes you can play the loops, switching between loops, playing several loops and defining which sections play. You also get a visual display of the loops, the play position and which sections are being played. The multi-out version lets you apply further effects processing to each loop separately. Loophole also has a volume envelope per loop to declick or fade in/out
– Loop sampler, using midi notes to trigger sections of each loop, either specifically or randomly
– 171 original drum loops in 24bit Wav format, across 19 different kits covering acoustic and electronic styles (Rock, Jazz, Breakbeat, DnB, Hip Hop, Dubstep, Lofi, Glitch, 8 bit, House, Trance and more)
– Loads any 16, 24 and 32 bit WAV in mono or stereo
– Very low CPU (<1% on 2.2GHZ dual core CPU)
– Tempo-sync each loop by setting length in beats, allowing stretching or different lengths if desired
– Play sections of each loop, each triggered by a different midi note
– Play random sections using one midi note
– Graphical representation of loops, play position and triggered sections
– Normalise and mono options per loop
– Envelope per loop to fade in/out or declick
– Volume control and mute per loop
– Stereo out and Multi-out versions
– 21 presets covering different styles and sounds
– 12 midi files showing examples of basic and advanced triggering
– Updated to SE 1.1
Impakter is a vintage drum module plugin containing 320 samples of original drum sounds generated on analogue synths and drum machines. It’s simple and fun to use with a few advanced features to give some variation and randomisation on every loop.
Gear used to generate and process the samples:
- Analogue synths: Korg MS20, Roland Juno60, Gakken SX-150
- Analogue drum machines : Yamaha MR-10, Korg KPR-77, Antonelli Organ 2377 rhythm box, Mattel Synsonics
- Analogue processing: Electro Harmonix Micro synth, Mam VSR3 spring reverb, Lexicon reverb, Boss GE-10 equalizer, Tube compressor, analogue VCA compressor
- Vintage synths: Yamaha TX81-Z FM synth
· 320 original electronic drum samples generated on vintage hardware synths and drum machines by sink
· 4 modules for kick, snare, hats and percussion sounds
· Each module can host 2 samples and trigger either depending on user defined probability
· 2 levels of randomising can be assigned to each modules’ volume, pan, decay and pitch for variation every loop
· Boomer module has resonant low pass filter and dirt control
· Smacker module has resonant band pass filter and dirt control
· Tweeter module has tempo-sync repeat function with hold
· Lazer module has tempo-sync delay function with damping
· 2 midi triggers for Smacker for differently pitched sounds
· 3 midi triggers for Lazer for differently pitched sounds
· 2 midi triggers for Tweeter for different decay envelopes
· 2 stereo outputs for separate post processing
· Global envelope decay control
· 52 presets covering a range of sounds and styles
A big thanks to Bedroom Producers Blog for hosting the downloads for these plugins and without which this wouldn’t be possible. BPB rocks!